The Last Day
Today was/is the official last day of school. How weird is that? Got to school, fully intending to go to chem, but never made it there. Started signing shirts the moment I got to the courtyard. Quite a few people there already, and many more came as time wore on. On hindsight, should've worn the clean shirt n signed on it, cos now I've got my 3-day old shirt which I'll never be able to wash...ewww... Anyway, most people were tipsy and mostly outgoing I think... so that went on for about... 1.5-2hrs... wow, that's long thinking about it... Lost my camera early during the signing session, and was panicking cos I'd no idea where it was, and more and more people were coming. I asked Ian and a few others to keep a lookout for it. So there I was, saying the usual "please God, please help me find it" when I remembered Hendy's words about just doing it in faith so instead I went "God, if i'm meant to find it then I will. If not, that's a lesson for me". 2 minutes later, Ian comes up and asks if the camera he'd found was mine...... and it was! YaY! Praise God!
After that had to change our shirts and go for Valedictory chapel. Sat right at the back row. Rev Ware's speech was awesome-ness! He basically described almost everyone and stuff people had done in school and all. All he said was so true and there were tears in some people's eyes after he'd finished. Then there was this guard-of-honour thing at the end, where all the teachers and tutors clapped for us as we left the chapel...for the last time.
Lunch was next, and more shirt signing too. Lunch was pretty good, well only the chicken kebab was. Then Ally and I went to go get out jerseys.......FINALLY! It doesnt look as bad as I'd remembered it... whew! Tis dark navy blue, and on the right there's a few red and white stripes. All in all it looks smart and pretty good, except for the "Barker" at the back where everyone else's names is, and the lateness of its arrival. So I've been wearing it almost the whole time since I got it today. It seems a bit heavy for some reason, like it's actually got stuff in it. But it's about time it came!
When school finally ended, Em, Kate, Ian and I went to library cos Kate and I wanted to print photos. Well it took quite awhile, and we finally left at 3pm. Em and I then went to Hornsby to get Mary's bday presents--a funky belt and uber cute photo frame kinda thing. Came home and I finished cutting n pasting all the photos in my yearbook (it's almost full now!) . Then had to rush and get to Ian's house.
We spent the night eating pizza ( me making a big fuss over not having Chinese), cutting Mary's cake, talking, watch Blaxall's video and movies. I fell asleep during certain parts of both of them, the first was Zoolander, second was Reign of Fire. But after that brief bout of drowziness I am now very awake. Mostly anyway.
The Last Day of school was bittersweet. If only every day was like that. Everyone was just so carefree finally, accepting of each other after 3 years. Got heaps of cool photos, and fond memories of the last days ... and the whole 3 years... Hasn't sunk in yet cos its "hols" now so we wouldnt be seeing each other everyday anyway, but when hsc is over, that's another thing... All will be good......somehow... tired now...
After that had to change our shirts and go for Valedictory chapel. Sat right at the back row. Rev Ware's speech was awesome-ness! He basically described almost everyone and stuff people had done in school and all. All he said was so true and there were tears in some people's eyes after he'd finished. Then there was this guard-of-honour thing at the end, where all the teachers and tutors clapped for us as we left the chapel...for the last time.
Lunch was next, and more shirt signing too. Lunch was pretty good, well only the chicken kebab was. Then Ally and I went to go get out jerseys.......FINALLY! It doesnt look as bad as I'd remembered it... whew! Tis dark navy blue, and on the right there's a few red and white stripes. All in all it looks smart and pretty good, except for the "Barker" at the back where everyone else's names is, and the lateness of its arrival. So I've been wearing it almost the whole time since I got it today. It seems a bit heavy for some reason, like it's actually got stuff in it. But it's about time it came!
When school finally ended, Em, Kate, Ian and I went to library cos Kate and I wanted to print photos. Well it took quite awhile, and we finally left at 3pm. Em and I then went to Hornsby to get Mary's bday presents--a funky belt and uber cute photo frame kinda thing. Came home and I finished cutting n pasting all the photos in my yearbook (it's almost full now!) . Then had to rush and get to Ian's house.
We spent the night eating pizza ( me making a big fuss over not having Chinese), cutting Mary's cake, talking, watch Blaxall's video and movies. I fell asleep during certain parts of both of them, the first was Zoolander, second was Reign of Fire. But after that brief bout of drowziness I am now very awake. Mostly anyway.
The Last Day of school was bittersweet. If only every day was like that. Everyone was just so carefree finally, accepting of each other after 3 years. Got heaps of cool photos, and fond memories of the last days ... and the whole 3 years... Hasn't sunk in yet cos its "hols" now so we wouldnt be seeing each other everyday anyway, but when hsc is over, that's another thing... All will be good......somehow... tired now...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home