simple is good

on life, travel, food, and the little things that make us human

Thursday, June 12, 2008

By your side

Someone sent me a link to this Christian band's website (Tenth Avenue North) http://www.myspace.com/tenthavenuenorth and I liked their music :) Kinda put me in a better mood this morning in the face of yet another *hopefully* full on day of study... This wasn't the initial song but after listening to this one the words are meaningful aren't they?

By your side
Why are you striving these days
Why are you trying to earn grace
Why are you crying when you lift up your face
Just don’t turn away

Why are you looking for love
Why are you still searching as if I’m not enough
To where will you go child, tell me where will you run
To where you will run

Cos I’ll be by your side wherever you fall
I’ll be by your side, whenever you call
And please don’t fight these hands that are holding you
My hands are holding you


That's only the 1st 2 verses plus chorus cos I couldn't get the rest of the words down quickly enough/couldn't make the words out.

Bowral was good :) There was just me, the room, my notes. No internet, no tv. Yet I still found myself distracted mainly with the photos on my laptop (which wouldn't have lasted long anyway since there's a limited amount of that) and deleting the hundreds of text messages in my mobile. But I liked the solitude, managed to focus kinda well most of the time, and liked the time spent hanging out with Larry and Kim, going down to the local pub and playing pool. I also liked having an "insight into their lives" as alot of people go to work, but no one really knows what they do there, and I got to see that! Always been curious as to what exactly people do at work as most of the times it's defined by a few words. I miss Bowral now but guess I've plenty of time spent in the country the next year and a half.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home