simple is good

on life, travel, food, and the little things that make us human

Saturday, October 11, 2008

the night before BBGROG

Just to remember how it felt like a few years from now when I look back at this momentous occasion.

- Past week has been spent receiving large emails from others, songs, videos, powerpoints. Sometimes I'd receive the same thing from 2 people, at other times I'd receive different things!
- Now everyone knows my name just cos I'm the production person
- Compiling powerpoints, songs and videos is actually time consuming and tedious, especially if you're trying to get everything to flow properly
- Thank goodness for Phil, without her my life would be tons more hectic.

So the first hiccup was not having requested mic stands. What would the band do without them? Hold the mic in one hand and strum on the guitar with the other? Thankfully I rang them up and they have their own stands!

The 2nd occured just as I'd sat down to have my dinner, F comes running up to me and says the light isn't working. Turns out one of the stage lights had the cord completely cut off! So no way was it gonna work no matter what we tried. Rang the guy that I was liasing with and all I got was his voicemail. What probably happened was the guys setting up knew what was happening, but decided since it was fri arvo to just leave it and hope we wouldn't notice.

Then throughout the night then mics were a bit slow to work, some weren't working at all etc etc. Items were swopped around, and the biggest thing was that someone tripped on the cord connecting the projector to the laptop, so for 2/3 of the rehersal we couldn't show anything on the screen! That cord was also too short/sound desk was in the wrong position so we'll have to work something out tomorrow.

That said, rehersals were hectic but looked promising. Sleep time now, till tomorrow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home