simple is good

on life, travel, food, and the little things that make us human

Thursday, February 26, 2009

day and night

Days this week have turned into a blur as Jenn and I are on "after hours" week which effectively mean we don't have to do anything in the day, but have to be responsible for things between 6pm-730am. There could be an eye horse who requires meds every 2 hours, or a dog that needs monitoring or anything really. So our typical day kinda involved being up intermittently during the day and sleeping intermittently at night (say, 1am-30am, 5am-7am, 8am-10am) that kinda thing.

This is us at 12am trying out Metronidazole- very bitter antibiotics. Poor horses have to get a whole syringe full of it. We add treacle but it's still got a superbly bitter aftertaste. Her camera has a photo of me with a bad face, and vice versa.

It was also her birthday today so I made her a little birthday breakfast fry up which included: scrambed eggs (with cream!), fried tomato, mushrooms, bread, ham... yumyum. We've been making more meals this week and eating well cos we have time to cook!

And this is the horse keeping us awake during the day/night. We've to give a presentation about him tomorrow. I've felt alot of frustration because of this presentation and it's more because other people put so much effort into it and look into every single detail while I just gloss over the main points cos frankly... who's going to pay a whole heap of attention? I know I should be alot more thorough as it's good to do a job well but I'm too impatient.

A little about this horse? He has a hole in his jaw to get an abscessed tooth out.

Ahh patience... something I thought I had but have been proven wrong recently...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home