simple is good

on life, travel, food, and the little things that make us human

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

fancy baking part 2- the xbox cake


miss keow decided to make an xbox 360 shaped cake for her boyfriend and enlisted my help. we started about 5ish and finished about 12ish. 7 hours later. gosh. fondant is fun and took a bit of getting used to but I think we kinda got the hang of it now :) am excited to see what else we can make with the rest of the 1kg or so (about $13 per kilo). the possibilities are endless- cupcakes, fancy cakes etc etc.

i think maybe i do quite like baking afterall. have big dreams of making cat and dog faced cupcakes for the specialist vets as we're ending yet another 3 week rotation but the house will be hosting a dinner party of the hotpot inclination on thurs night so hoping to churn out cupcakes by friday is a bit unrealistic. perhaps tomorrow?

2 Comments:

  • At Wed July 01, 05:44:00 pm , Blogger eun said...

    where was fancy baking part 1? was that the needle?

    the xbox is so cute! Very inventive.

    No cam, I don't have anything I should be telling you. If I do, I would've already. haha My post was just stuff in relation to work.

     
  • At Wed July 01, 11:03:00 pm , Blogger Cam said...

    haha darn I thought you had something interesting.

    fancy baking part 1 was the syringe cake yes.

    fancy baking part 3 coming up! im so over baking now

     

Post a Comment

<< Home