with the 600th post, comes wisdom
So it's quite apt that the 600th post coincides with the post about my wisdom teeth extraction.
The day started off normally enough and I was quite calm till I got into the dentist's chair. I've been in that chair plenty of times and it's all been fine, until today. The specialist dentist started explaining what was going to happen one step at a time, and for some reason rather than calming me down it just got me that little bit more jittery.
It started off with several sprays of bitter tasting local anaesthetic (lignocaine!) then a couple of injections into the gums of the same stuff. Soon my cheeks felt rubbery and my tongue 3x the size. The first extraction was easy enough- I think he cut and drilled and pulled quite quickly. The second one was a bit deeper and so after he cut and drilled and started pulling, it was painful so I made a noise and he stopped. Then drilled somemore and when he pulled the second time damn was it pain! I teared.
I think as the 2nd tooth was deeper, maybe the local didn't reach that far cos the 2nd one was slightly more traumatic than the 1st one (which was nothing). So I walked out slightly shaken and mum had to comfort me :)
As the LA wears off I'm sitting on my bed, with a dull throbbing pain on either side of my lower jaw and my cheeks doing a bit of ballooning out (I guess this is how I'd look if I put on weight on my face!). Couldn't really eat the dinner mum made of chicken soup+boiled carrots/potatoes/shredded chicken and I really don't have much of an appetite at the moment. Have taken the painkillers, antibiotics and anti-inflammatories and the pain killers have worked a bit methinks. Oh dear I wonder what the next few days are going to be like...
The day started off normally enough and I was quite calm till I got into the dentist's chair. I've been in that chair plenty of times and it's all been fine, until today. The specialist dentist started explaining what was going to happen one step at a time, and for some reason rather than calming me down it just got me that little bit more jittery.
It started off with several sprays of bitter tasting local anaesthetic (lignocaine!) then a couple of injections into the gums of the same stuff. Soon my cheeks felt rubbery and my tongue 3x the size. The first extraction was easy enough- I think he cut and drilled and pulled quite quickly. The second one was a bit deeper and so after he cut and drilled and started pulling, it was painful so I made a noise and he stopped. Then drilled somemore and when he pulled the second time damn was it pain! I teared.
I think as the 2nd tooth was deeper, maybe the local didn't reach that far cos the 2nd one was slightly more traumatic than the 1st one (which was nothing). So I walked out slightly shaken and mum had to comfort me :)
As the LA wears off I'm sitting on my bed, with a dull throbbing pain on either side of my lower jaw and my cheeks doing a bit of ballooning out (I guess this is how I'd look if I put on weight on my face!). Couldn't really eat the dinner mum made of chicken soup+boiled carrots/potatoes/shredded chicken and I really don't have much of an appetite at the moment. Have taken the painkillers, antibiotics and anti-inflammatories and the pain killers have worked a bit methinks. Oh dear I wonder what the next few days are going to be like...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home