sigh.
I only really have 1 week of hols, so was intending to have a mix of going out and catching up with people as well as staying at home and spending some quality time doing nothing. But things never really go the way you plan and so I've been at home for the past 2 days, almost all day, cos people cancelled on me one time or another.
So I've been occupying my time with cooking, eating, watching hana yori dango (which i only had 4 episodes anyway and I've finished them all argh), springcleaning, sorting out church stuff, planning a short vacation etc. And I hope tomorrow's plans don't fall through, if not I'll be a sad chappy.
But yeah I've come to realise how during uni, everything else in my life seems to be put on hold just for the sake of uni work. Does that indicate i'm not a very good prioritizer? Focussing so much on one thing I neglect everything else? I did try to balance play and work this time around and wasn't too stressed out (compared to last year) but maybe it wasn't enough...
I now understand why people like to coop themselves up in their room and watch korean/jap/hk drama serials. It is quite addictive, and the last time I did that was in 2003 perhaps? Ages ago. I feel like I should be doing something more with my life yet this is the only time I'll get to be a sloth. And I'm quite liking it. Maybe I shall go start the meteor garden series again. hmm.


2 Comments:
At Wed July 11, 03:54:00 am ,
Anonymous said...
"But yeah I've come to realise how during uni, everything else in my life seems to be put on hold just for the sake of uni work. Does that indicate i'm not a very good prioritizer? Focussing so much on one thing I neglect everything else? I did try to balance play and work this time around and wasn't too stressed out (compared to last year) but maybe it wasn't enough..."
hm but i remember you still did alot of stuff outside uni! so it's not like you neglected everything else? maybe it feels that way cos you spent less time on them than in the previous semesters, but doesn't mean they were neglected right? i think you're doing a pretty good job with your priorities :) but i guess you being the people person that you are maybe you'd prefer more time for church and friends and stuff. we can't have everything and vet takes up alot, so don't be too harsh on yourself.
At Thu July 12, 01:24:00 am ,
Cam said...
thanks gwen...but as much as i seemed to have done, I realised how much I've NOT done for my ministries this semester (ie, they're still at the same state as when uni first started! haven't had time to sort stuff out with them etc). So yeah.. shall have to keep that in mind next sem
And, results are out. Go check and all the best!
Post a Comment
<< Home