simple is good

on life, travel, food, and the little things that make us human

Sunday, July 06, 2008

Baking Overdose!

Think I've overdosed on baking. 3 times in the past week has been quite enough for me. Also since all of them involved chocolate and I prefer trying out different kinds of baked goods each time I bake something (also why I hardly ever use the same recipe twice).
Cake #1 was the Superman cake below. That was the best of the lot. Cake #2 was a flourless chocolate cake (with chopped nuts inside) for Vincy's birthday.

That night was a fun/funny night. Vincy just thought she was there for a dinner party. I mentioned there was gonna be other people there, and that I was making a cake. So I thought I'd left enough clues (as it was 2 days after her birthday as well). Well she didn't know. So everything was going fine and low-key until Rob said grace before dinner. Somewhere in the middle he went "..... and thank you God for Vincy, and her birthday, and for this party...." or something along those lines. When I heard that I just went "oh dear.... surprise is over!" and smacked him when he'd finished. But everyone had fun, see the smiles on their faces?

Group shot! I actually really like this shot!

A few days later I made brownies to serve 3 purposes. 1. As a "great job guys!" gift to the campus crusade team working on MYC (mid yr conference starting tomorrow that JZ's helping to organise), 2. "welcome home mum!" gift and 3. "I'm-a-good-friend-who-bakes-you-stuff-too-rob" present to Rob. This was squeezed in the middle of work and cleaning up the house before mum came so I was quite buggered by the end of the day.

The most beautiful looking batter!

Used the same recipe as the last time I made these brownies (plus the remainder of the crushed nuts) and they tasted so good when they first came out of the oven! Warm, moist, chocolatey. But a bit too cakey methinks.

So yes I've had enough of baking for awhile. Once a week is ok. Thrice? Too much! Esp since with such short time frames for each item.

Today there was the Aroma Coffee Festival and I went along to check it out. Semi-bumped into Lavina and Kevyn whilst I was there! Had been messaging them back and forth since we were all in the same place, then Kevyn called and I was trying to describe where to meet when poof! They appeared in front of my eyes! Spent awhile catching up with them but it's hard when not sitting down and slowly chatting. Hopefully will get to meet up with them again sometime whilst they're in sydney!

Initially I wasn't looking TOO forward to the coffee festival since I'm not a coffee drinker but I discovered shops that were selling chocolates and other baked goods! The cupcake stores were particularly eye pleasing and now I want a cupcake tier for my birthday cake!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home