simple is good

on life, travel, food, and the little things that make us human

Thursday, December 24, 2009

the goodbyes have started...

Life has just been about catching up with people and packing my stuff to be shipped back mostly. Sometimes stressful most times fun. Mark jacq ange and I did the Spit to Manly walk yesterday- 4+ hours but with good company, hot weather, beautiful scenary and B&J ice cream at the end to tempt you it was worth it :)


Dinner with a bunch at Hurricane's at night was a good way to end off the night. The Darling Harbour restaurant isn't as good as the Bondi one but the company was good.



Had my first teary moment yesterday when I was saying goodbye to jz's grandma- no idea when I'll ever see her again, or the whole family for that matter. She was the one who did most of the "taking care" of me this year and for that I'm very thankful.


Fortunately I had dinner with yenz to look forward to so I wasn't wallowing in misery the whole night. We went to Badde Manors (a vegetarian place in Glebe) and did a year's worth of catching up. Was sad to say goodbye to her too as she's pretty much the person I've known the longest in Sydney- we've seen each other through our high school days, uni days, and now into the working days. Wish we could've caught up more this year if I'd known I was leaving!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home