simple is good

on life, travel, food, and the little things that make us human

Thursday, January 17, 2008

me, funny?



On Tuesday I went to Daytona Beach, just to see what the beaches are like here. Visited my aunties who live up there for a brief moment then headed to the lighthouse where I was too cheap to pay $5 to climb up it (it was post-lunch and I was feeling sleepY!). So I took a photo with it from the outside. Heard the view's really nice from the outside so I might actually go up again the next time I'm there... if I make it to Daytona again (it's about 1.5hrs by car from where I live if you drive fast)



Then I headed down to the beach to read a book on the sand. The weather was cold to say the least, and I think I survived there for almost 2 hours before I called it quits and went back into the nice, warm house. The beach is very famous and there's plenty of action going on throughout the year in Daytona, but I came on the day where only the brave souls who could bear the cold ventured out of the house for a run/cycle/walk on the beach.

Today was a slightly more interesting day at work cos I got to do more. Did a simple dental cleaning (not much plaque at all) for a little dog (that we probably sedated too much cos her heartrate was slow and we had to administer something to make it beat faster. Also poked around in a few more veins but have yet to insert a catheter. I was told I'd be taking a few rooms but only managed to do 1-2 which was a bit of a disappointment. This sunday we have French conference visitors coming to our clinic so that should be interesting!



I've accumulated my 3rd cut. It's quite long, doesn't hurt too much, given to me by a dog. This guy at work loves it cos to him it's a battlescar. He kept commenting over and over that I finally told him to "stick your hand into the unhappy cat's cage and give yourself a few scars". Another funny thing that happened was as we were walking out towards the carpark, someone noticed that their car was parked near this tourbus where lots of asian tourists were getting on. So they turned their car alarm on and most of these tourists started staring at the car... we were all laughing at them, and more so after the girl whose car it belonged to couldn't get the alarm switched off. I commented "Next thing you know, they're gonna start taking photos of the car". oh man i'm hilarious aren't i.

I get the next 2 days off yay! But that's because I'll be working for 5 days straight. Gosh. Looks like tomorrow I'll be going to another big Mall to spend money in. Getting back will be interesting since it'll take me 2-3 buses and almost 2 hours! Maybe I'll just walk around hmm... I don't know. I would prefer to go to a Outlet centre just because there's more bargains to be found there. But it's always so much effort just to save money. Normal shops have the size you want, for a reasonable price as well. So much easier! Maybe tomorrow I'll just look for a teeshirt and those elusive ballet flats...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home