simple is good

on life, travel, food, and the little things that make us human

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

the most disgusting thing ever!

There seems to be a fair number of maggot wounds in singapore... possibly cos of the weather? I've never seen in in aust and today I saw 3!

So this dog had a swollen paw and a wound between its toes that was filled with maggots. Quite disgusting. We put chlorofoam soaked cotton wool into the hole and bandaged it and left it for a few hours. When we opened it, I had to remove the maggots which were fortunately already dead.

I thought I'd finished when the vet tech holding the dog went "are you sure? that's nothing! so little!" and then he fiddled around with one of the toes and to my utmost horror it opened and there was another hole inside filled with dozens of maggots too! I felt so squirmish! It was seriously the gross-est thing I've EVER done...


So this was the total amount of maggots I got out from both holes. Fortunately there was no bony involvement...


The vet tech even jokingly said "we'll clean out the wound just before lunch so you can be reminded of it when eating rice!"

eww eww eww eww eww!

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home