stepping into 2009
Nothing much has really changed since the new year has arrived.
I welcomed it with MJ and her friend at a watchnight service then over supper in Holland V which was actually the highlight of the night. Parents had just touched down so I went back early that morning to say hi.
It was weird moving back to my old place because it was quite empty and devoid of furniture when I first stepped in. Now it looks a little more homely and lived in. The bathrooms and kitchen had been renovated and look all nice new and modern now :)
I've realised late nights plus trying to wake up relatively early the next morning don't really suit me well, but when in Rome, do as Rome does... so when in Singapore, stay out till the wee hours of the morning just because there's actually places open till that time :) When I start work though, it looks like it could be 830am-830pm days so the chances of staying out late are greatly diminished... I suppose it helps that the people who actually do stay out late (ie, my sydney friends) aren't going to be here :(
Spent the evening at Brian's posh place having a posh BBQ then hanging out at his posh "lounge". Seriously, I tasted a bit of the posh life that I'll probably never be able to have, and it was nice :) The guy who opened the door was also quite cute :P
Getting back to the point... last night's old Bluesky gathering was fun :) Nice to see all the back-in-singapore-ex-blueskiers once again and we had fun cooking in the rain, chatting, watching "the little Nonya" (seriously, alot of my social gathering have involved people stopping at 9pm to watch this show for an hour, then launching into discussions about it) and eating so much food!
So for this up and coming year, I do hope to remain close with my close friends (despite the distance and busy-ness of the year), be able to stay strong with God (no matter where/which country I'm in), and appreciate my family more (as they'll be in Singapore and I'll be in Sydney). So many things are going to change, it's already started happening, and I'm thankful that God's really the only rock solid thing that I can always rely on :)
It was weird moving back to my old place because it was quite empty and devoid of furniture when I first stepped in. Now it looks a little more homely and lived in. The bathrooms and kitchen had been renovated and look all nice new and modern now :)
I've realised late nights plus trying to wake up relatively early the next morning don't really suit me well, but when in Rome, do as Rome does... so when in Singapore, stay out till the wee hours of the morning just because there's actually places open till that time :) When I start work though, it looks like it could be 830am-830pm days so the chances of staying out late are greatly diminished... I suppose it helps that the people who actually do stay out late (ie, my sydney friends) aren't going to be here :(
Spent the evening at Brian's posh place having a posh BBQ then hanging out at his posh "lounge". Seriously, I tasted a bit of the posh life that I'll probably never be able to have, and it was nice :) The guy who opened the door was also quite cute :P
Getting back to the point... last night's old Bluesky gathering was fun :) Nice to see all the back-in-singapore-ex-blueskiers once again and we had fun cooking in the rain, chatting, watching "the little Nonya" (seriously, alot of my social gathering have involved people stopping at 9pm to watch this show for an hour, then launching into discussions about it) and eating so much food!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home