simple is good

on life, travel, food, and the little things that make us human

Monday, December 15, 2008

a normal update.

Having a new intern has been quite good in hindsight. There's someone to chat to and stuff. I even visited her church today!

Talking about visiting churches, I've been doing alot of that here. Well twice. I like seeing what different churches are like, but accompanying that is always the sense that I don't quite belong here (since it's my first time anyway). But then I don't exactly feel like I belong in my homechurch either. Things change. I wanted to get involved in a cell group early on but it's been 3 weeks and it looks like I may not be able to make this wed's one as well...

My first placement's coming to a close. I assisted 2 surgeries on saturday which lasted from 130pm-6pm. Imagine my sadness when I went for lunch about 2 or 3pm and there wasn't ANYTHING left! Usually there's remnants but this time around... nothing! The people there were so nice though... when they heard I didn't have lunch they were amused but gave me some of their dinner.

This saturday is clinical rounds at our branch and so the main doc (AG) said it'd be good for us (interns) to present an interesting case. Hmm... that solves my "communication task" issue but it means a public presentation to people who might ask big questions that might have obvious answers (to all except me). Anyway saturday is officially my last day but AG did mention that I was invited to the christmas party (most students are anyway) so I might get to see everyone after! But it'll be weird cos it'll be in a non-work context but would we still end up talking work stuff anyway?

I'm glad I have work though, my life here would be uber boring if I didn't have such intense work times (well not as intense as jo and gen's 9am-9pm type thing). I missed sydney a fair bit today. After visiting my friend's church she had to run off for lunch with her family so I kinda just came home and slept and finished reading Twilight. Then went for a short run which was kinda good. Miss the camden exercise life.

and i miss you

3 Comments:

  • At Mon Dec 15, 10:22:00 pm , Blogger eun said...

    awww cam cam... i miss YOU! hahaha although I'm not jz. haha

     
  • At Mon Dec 15, 10:22:00 pm , Blogger eun said...

    awww cam cam... i miss YOU! hahaha although I'm not jz. haha

     
  • At Tue Dec 16, 01:27:00 am , Blogger Cam said...

    oi eun eun why do you always end up having 2 of the same comments on my blog? makes me feel all excited that I've 2 comments then I check it and it's the same one! twice!

    i miss you too! wish you were here in singapore now instead of feb!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home